Dr. Ur was born and raised in Lompoc, CA. She completed her undergraduate degree in biology at San Diego State University, all while playing Division 1 water polo. Dr. Ur graduated medical school from Wake Forest University School of Medicine and completed her general surgery residency at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, both of which are in Winston Salem, NC. She completed her fellowship at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.
Dr. Ur’s comprehensive training includes both open and endovascular surgery including complex open and endovascular treatment of fenestrated and branched endografting as well as treatment of chronic limb threatening ischemia using either a complex endovascular approach, open or hybrid. She has extensive experience in vascular trauma and in the management of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms. Quality and patient safety are her top priorities.
In her time away from the hospital, Dr. Ur enjoys spending time with her husband, Andrew, and her two golden retrievers. She stays active enjoying swimming, water polo, running, hiking, cooking and gardening.
- Complex Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Vascular Trauma
- Board certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- Vascular Surgery certification pending
- Ur, R. Holmes, JH 4th. Johnson, JE. Molnar, JA. Carter, JE. Development of a Burn Escharotomy Assessment Tool: A Pilot Study. Journal of Burn Care Research 2016 Mar-Apr;37(2):e140-4. Pubmed ID 26594860
- Reeve, TE. Ur, R. Craven, TE. Kaan, JH. Goldman, MP. Edwards, MS. Jurie, JB. Velazquez-Rmirez G. Corriere, MA. Grip strength measurement for frailty assessment in patients with vascular disease and associations with comorbidity, cardiac risk, and sarcopenia. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2018 May, 67(5):1512-1520 PMID 29276105
- Ur B, Craven T, Hirsch J, Corriere M, Edwards M, Hurie JB. The Effects of Case Timing and Care Team Composition On Hospital Operating Room Costs for Endovascular Procedures. Annals of Vascular Surgery 2019 July. PMID: 31357019
- Long, AM, Hildreth AN, Davis PT, Ur R, Badger AT, Miller PR. Evaluation of the Performance of ACS NSQIP Surgical Risk Calculator in Emergency General Surgery Patients. Am Surg. 2020 Feb 1;86(2):83-89
- Ur R, Tang GL. Aortic Anastomotic pseudoaneurysm repaired with iliac branched endoprosthesis. J Vasc Surg. 2020 May;71(5):1762. Doi 10.106/j.jvs.2020.01.057. PMID 32334734